KUALA LUMPUR: The inquest into William Yau Zhen Zhong’s death will start on Wednesday at the Petaling Jaya Magistrate’s Court.
Subang Jaya police chief ACP Yahya Ramli said this to Bernama through the short-messaging-service (SMS).
He said the investigations had been completed and 54 witnesses were called to record their statements.
William, six, the second child of Goh Ying Ying, 28, and Yau Kok Kang, 32, was reported missing on Jan 16 at Jalan Putra Mahkota, Putra Heights in Subang Jaya after he was believed to have come out of the family car to look for his parents who had gone into an electrical shop.
On Jan 24, the remains of a fully-clothed boy were discovered at the Kampung Sungai Sireh jetty at Port Klang and initial DNA tests by the Chemistry department confirmed they were William’s. –Bernama